August & September’s #FamilyFoodies event NOW OPEN!
August 1, 2014
Answers on a postcard please as to where July went? Our summer’s whizzing by at a sizzling speed isn’t it folks, and unbelievably we now find ourselves in August. And welcoming a brand spanking new month on Family Foodies, yay!.
As they’ve thus far been a little sidelined we’ve decided to focus on The Under Two’s for August’s Family Foodies. Recipes for the teeny weeny new-to-food weaners from super-smooth veggie purees to those with a few protein lumps and bumps and first finger foods. To the more dextrous and sophisticated taste buds of the foodies-in-the-making 12 to 24 month olds. It all goes this month, hit us with your favourite baby and toddler-friendly purees, puds, breakies, drinks, lunches, picnic ideas, cakes, finger foods and dinners. Just as long as there’s no added salt and not too much sugar and suitable for our precious little monsters whatever stage they’re at. I’m so excited to see what you clever lot all come up with, bring on the baby food!
We have a very lovely, and fitting, prize for the winning recipe post too. M&S have kindly sponsored the event and are giving away a £10.00 voucher to spend on their new Tiny Taste Buds range of “healthy and utterly yummy meals, designed to meet your child’s needs at each stage of the development”. Stage 1 (around 6 months) meals include Organic Root Vegetable Medley and Organic Banana Porridge. Stage 2 (7 months +) dinners of Organic Creamy Sweetcorn & Chicken or Organic Super Green Veg & Salmon with Cheese Sauce are sure to be bit hits. By stage 3 (10 months +) children can enjoy such delights as Organic Italian Bean Ragu or Organic Sweet Potato & Beef Casserole with Rice. And by stage 4 (12 months +) where the little munchkins are truly getting to grips with their food there’s Organic Supergreen Vegetable Risotto and Organic Chunky Vegetable & Chicken Casserole. Quite a feast I think you’ll agree!.
All the range are made from 100% organic ingredients and have no added sugar or additives and are low in salt. Such a shame they weren’t around a few years sooner for my own monsters to have enjoyed.
● Closing date for entries 29th September 2014.
● You may submit any recipe that fits the current theme, past or current, up to a maximum of three entries per month. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own please give the appropriate credit.
● Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of each month’s challenge, including your email address and the title of the recipe.
● You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere of the World, any prizes will be happily posted out unless otherwise stated.
● At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe and any prizes sent out. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
● All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board