December Family Foodies NOW OPEN!
December 2, 2013
So the countdown to Christmas has well and truly began and I’m still wondering how exactly we managed to get to December? It seems to come around just that little bit quicker every year doesn’t it? And my kids are crazily excited this year, more than they’ve ever been before, which is just gorgeous and lots of fun.
And we’re now into Month Three of our new Family Foodies event and so far so fabulous. Last month it was Vanesther’s turn at hosting and we had a deliciously inspiring array of Lunchbox Ideas. Please do check out her round up when it’s posted on Bangers & Mash, there’s sure to be something to perk up everyone’s packed lunches!.
We couldn’t resist going with a Kids Christmas theme for December, after all this is Family Foodies. And I’m certain most of you will be making or baking something or other with the Little People in mind, or even with them. Be it traditional mince pies, cakes or puds. Edible decorations, gifts or teacher pressies. Maybe even a gingerbread house (oh please do!), party nibbles, festive non-alcholic drinks, alternative puds or perhaps something tasty with the post-christmas leftovers. As long as it’s a bit festive and suitable for kids we’ll be more than delighted!. Go on inspire us!
I couldn’t resist throwing in this photo of J & F from last christmas, it always serves to give me a good chuckle. I’m hoping this year Jacques won’t be quite so disturbed by Father Christmas!
Here’s a few guidelines for the Challenge:
● You may submit any recipe that fits the current theme, past or current, and feel free to enter as many times as you wish! You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own please give the appropriate credit.
● Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of each month’s challenge, including your email address and the title of the recipe.
● You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere of the World, any prizes will be happily posted out.
● At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe and any prizes sent out. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
● All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board