June’s Family Foodies event NOW OPEN!
June 2, 2014
Welcome to glorious June folks and welcome to Summer, whoopidy whoop whoop! I simply adore this time of the year and the giddy prospect of an entire heady summer lying before us, all there for the wonderous greedy taking. How exactly we got here so quickly this year I’ve no idea, but I’m ever so pleased we did. And with the warmer weather and longer evenings naturally comes the potential for outdoor eating.
Whether it’s an al fresco lunch in the garden, sundowner nibbles on holiday, a barbecue party, a picnic at the beach or late night camp fire naughties, food always tastes so much better outdoors. And children never fail to love the fun and novelty of dining outside either, you can honestly give my two their ordinary sandwiches in the garden or a few dips and sticks at the park and they’re made up. But suggest a barbecue or a wee garden party with their friends and they’re positively ecstatic.
So to celebrate the start of summer we’ve gone with the theme of Barbecues, Picnics and Outdoor Eating and I’m already super excited to see what outdoor delicacies you clever lot come up with. Go on, indulge me, inspire me, feed me!
The closing date for entries this month is 29th June 2014.
Here’s a few guidelines for the Challenge:
● You may submit any recipe that fits the current theme, past or current, up to a maximum of three entries per month. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own please give the appropriate credit.
● Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of each month’s challenge, including your email address and the title of the recipe.
● You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere of the World, any prizes will be happily posted out unless otherwise stated.
● At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe and any prizes sent out. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
● All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board