March’s Four Seasons Food challenge NOW OPEN!
March 1, 2014
Welcome to Spring folks. Whilst there’s always a good deal of debate as to exactly when the season officially starts, March the first is the beginning of Spring on Four Seasons Food so I’m going with it. Have you noticed our lovely badge by the way?. And being that’s it happens to be a gorgeous sunshiny day out there today it does seem Spring may just be in the air. Fingers crossed that’s the back of winter and all that rain, though I probably shouldn’t be tempting fate for you all!
I’m delighted to announce our theme for March is Something Fishy. With an abundance of fish and seafood coming into season right now it seems a perfect theme to mark the beginning of Spring. And I’m even more delighted to tell you we have a very generous prize for the winning recipe from the lovely folks at Fish is the Dish this month, a set of five celebrity seafood cookbooks AND a Fish is the Dish apron no less! My lovely friend Karen Burns-Booth from Lavender and Lovage has kindly taken on the responsibility of choosing a winning recipe at the end of the month. The closing date for entries is Saturday 29th March 2014. The prize is open to UK folk only this time.
I’m personally really excited about our theme this month as I’m well aware I don’t cook fish anywhere near as often as I should, or indeed post many fish or seafood recipes. And for actually no real reason! We all love our fish around here, Jacques in particular goes loopy for all things fishy, from tinned sardines to salmon to prawns. And Fish Pie is certainly one of both their favourite meals, right up there with Smoked Salmon or Tuna Fishcakes, not forgetting the homemade salmon or white fish Fish Fingers. But I’m looking forward to being a good deal more creative for them and plan on using the Fish is the Dish Recipe archive for my inspiration. If you haven’t already checked out their recipes then I urge you to, it’ll have you running all the way to your nearest fishmongers!
The Fish and Seafood that are in season this month include Clams, Cockles, Dab, Dover Sole, Gunard, Haddock, Halibut, Hake, Langoustine, Lemon Sole, Lobster, Mackerel, Mussels, Oysters, Red Mullet, Salmon, Sardines, Scallops (Queen), Sea Bass, Shrimp, Skate, Winkles.
So without further ado I declare March’s event NOW OPEN. Let’s get Fishy!
Here are the entry guidelines:
● Any recipe that fits the current month’s theme can be entered, new or old.
● You can enter as many times a month as you wish. And of course feel free to enter your recipes to any other blogging challenges you like
● You’re very welcome to enter from anywhere in the World, and if there’s a prize we’ll happily post out to you unless specifically stated to be open to UK addresses only
● Please give due credit if your recipe is not your own.
● Add your recipe URL to the Linky. Please include the recipe title, the URL and your email address.
● Please add the relevant seasons badge – Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. Please update old posts that you enter to include a badge also.
● All entries will be added to the Pinterest Group Board – Four Seasons Food.
● The winning entry each month will be promoted via Twitter, Delicieux & Eat Your Veg Facebook pages and Google+ by both co-hosts.