May’s Four Seasons Food event’s NOW OPEN
May 1, 2014
Welcome to May folks and welcome to our final month of Spring on Four Seasons Food, gosh this year is whizzing by isn’t it. Not that I’m complaining as I’m super excited by the ever-nearing onset of summer, hooray! I even purchased a barbecue last week, though am feeling just a tad guilty for my possible cursing of a nation’s summer. Ironically I walked into the shop in glorious sunshine and came out to a downpour, and it’s not really improved much ever since. My sincere apologies folks.
This month on FSF we’re Celebrating Spring and making the most of the tasty new offerings that are steadily starting to make their appearance after the wiles of winter. Jersey Royals and other new potatoes, Asparagus, Samphire, Peas, Broad Beans, Radish and Salad Leaves to name a few of the veggies. Gooseberries and Rhubarb are the main fruits of May, not forgetting the glorious spring Lamb and Crab and Sardines from the sea. And obviously absolutely anything else that’s seasonal where you live! So do join in and lets Celebrate Spring together.
If you happen to have an asparagus recipe, and you’re quick, please do also enter my Asparafest Competition which closes on Monday 5th May. Winning recipes will get to feature in the festival programme and the winner themselves will receive family weekend festival tickets, including camping, and lots of lovely asparagus!
Here are the entry guidelines:
● Any recipe that fits the current month’s theme can be entered, new or old.
● A maximum of three entries per blogger. And of course feel free to enter your recipes to any other blogging challenges you like
● You’re very welcome to enter from anywhere in the World, and if there’s a prize we’ll happily post out to you unless specifically stated to be open to UK addresses only
● Please give due credit if your recipe is not your own.
● Add your recipe URL to the Linky. Please include the recipe title, the URL and your email address.
● Please add the relevant seasons badge – Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. Please update old posts that you enter to include a badge also.
● All entries will be added to the Pinterest Group Board – Four Seasons Food.
● The winning entry each month will be promoted via Twitter, Delicieux & Eat Your Veg Facebook pages and Google+ by both co-hosts.