October’s Four Seasons Food Challenge Now Open!
October 2, 2013
Welcome to the first Four Seasons Food Challenge hosted from my new Eat Your Veg site. Just incase you’re confused, I’m Louisa, AKA Chez Foti, but following my recent international AND blogosphere moves I’m now UK based and writing from a quiet little corner of rural Herefordshire. After a couple of month’s off I’m very excited to be back co-hosting this wonderful challenge, a huge thank you to Anneli for all your hard work over the Summer!. The latest Sliding into Autumn Round-up and Winner announcement will be posted soon over at Delicieux, a little delayed as Anneli’s suffering from computer woes this week!
And welcome to October, the leaves are tinged with glorious colour and there’s a definite nip in the air most mornings. Though I’m both delighted and thankful it’s been a wonderfully sunny and warm start to our live’s back in England, unprecedented in the last few years! I actually love this time of year, the day’s are still fairly long, there’s still some warmth and nature’s bounties are truly at their very best. Apples, Pears, Blackberries, Plums, Damsons and Pumpkins abound and Celeriac, Butternut, Cabbage and Mushrooms are fabulous. And living in Herefordshire you’re hard pressed to look anywhere without apples within eyesight!.
I’m very pleased to announce this month’s theme of Roasting. I should clarify that’s the Roasting of anything, it really doesn’t have to be constrained to the Sunday Roast or Meat (although that would be lovely too!), but is inclusive of the roasting of Veggies, Fruit, Potatoes or Fish. Or anything else you care to roast in an oven!. And it doesn’t have to be for a Main Meal, but Side, Pudding, Soup or Tart…..just as long as there’s some Roasting action we’ll be happy!
So without further ado I declare October’s Roasting Event NOW OPEN!
Here’re the entry guidelines:
● Any recipe that fits the current month’s theme can be entered, new or old.
● You can enter as many times a month as you wish. And of course feel free to enter your recipes to any other blogging challenges you like
● You’re very welcome to enter from anywhere in the World, and if there’s a prize we’ll happily post out to you
● Please give due credit if your recipe is not your own.
● Add your recipe URL to the Linky. Please include the recipe title, the URL and your email address.
● Please add the relevant seasons badge – Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. Please update old posts that you enter to include a badge also.
● All entries will be added to the Pinterest Group Board – Four Seasons Food.