Prep Time:7 mins, Cook Time: 8 mins, Total Time: 15 mins
April 7, 2020
Pronounced ‘Ke-sah-dee-uh’, these are a Mexican baked tortilla sandwich made in a frying pan. Packed full of loads of veggies and cheese they can be a pretty healthy snack, are dead easy and quick to make and happen to be exceptionally YUMMY!
Loads of Veggies, Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
Choose your fave veggies to fill them with or add diced/shredded chicken or ham too. Tinned tuna works really well too. Be inventive and use what you have in, there are no rules here!
Large Frying Pan
Ingredients Prep Time:7 mins, Cook Time: 8 mins, Total Time: 15 mins
2 Large Tortilla Wraps, preferably wholemeal
1 small handful grated Cheddar Cheese or crumbled Feta Cheese
Your choice of VEGGIES
Your choice of SPICE if you fancy a little heat
1 dessertspoon Cream Cheese, Creme Fraiche or Sour Cream
VEGGIES Choose 2 or 3 of the following:
3/4 Spring Onions or 1/4 small Onion, finely sliced
1/2 Sweet Pepper (any colour) finely diced
1 handful of Spinach, shredded or torn
1/4 Courgette, finely sliced
small handful Sweetcorn, tinned or frozen
3 Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Carrot, grated
Any other tinned, frozen or fresh veggies you fancy!
A LITTLE SPICE choose one of the following, though leave out for the heat adverse!
1 dessertspoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
1/2 teaspoon each of ground Cumin and Coriander
1/2 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
1. Place one of the tortillas on a large frying pan.
2. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the tortilla and scatter on your chosen veggies and spice, if using.
3. Spread the sour cream over the other tortilla, turn over and flatten it down on to the first tortilla to form a tight sandwich.
4. Place the frying pan on a medium heat and cook for about 4 minutes until lightly golden and crispy on the underside.
5. Slide out on to a large plate. Cover with another plate and flip over. Slide back into the pan and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes until also golden.
6. Slide out of the pan and cut into 6 to 8 wedges like a pizza.