Prep Time:5 mins, Cook Time: 25 mins, Total Time: 30 mins
February 1, 2018
A blast from the past recipe from my Lottery funded Sutton Primary after school #HealthySnacksClub. A truly scrumptious healthy snack made from the humble chickpea, and a great way to inspire little people to love their chickpeas. Eat just as they, season with one of my flavour ideas below or make up your own flavouring. Enjoy!
Chickpeas, Olive Oil
Little Kids, Big Kids, Grown Ups, Nibbles with Drinks, Healthy Snacking, Making with Kids
A baking tray
Ingredients Prep Time:5 mins, Cook Time: 25 mins, Total Time: 30 mins
1 x 400g can Chickpeas
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp ground Cumin + 1 tsp ground Coriander
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 large pinch ground Chilli or Chilli Flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c / 180°c fan / gas mark 6.
2. Drain the chickpeas into a colander and rinse with cold water. Tip them out onto a clean tea towel and lightly rub the chickpeas dry. Remove any skins that come away.
3. Place the chickpeas in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine until evenly coated.
4. Turn them out onto the baking tray and place in the hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Shake the pan a couple of times during the cooking time. The chickpeas are ready when they are golden and crunchy.
5. Turn into a serving bowl and eat as they are or rolled in a tasty seasoning (see Flavour Ideas). Add a little more salt and pepper to suit.