#WIN Higgidy goodies to celebrate British Pie Week!
March 2, 2015
Last Autumn I took part in the Higgidy Recipe Hunt to create a brand new pie filling with my Chunky Chilli Fish Pie. It sadly didn’t win, but then there were over six hundred entries, no kidding! And just goes to show quite how many people love a pie. The winning entry I must confess most definitely got my vote, Hand Pulled Pork & Sweet Potato no less. Filled with British pulled pork in a rich smoky tomato sauce and topped with a heap of roasted sweet potato mash. Higgidy kindly sent a few for us to try out and we were suitably impressed. A truly delicious melt-in-the-mouth combination, and impressive to see a veggie based topping in place of pastry. And perfectly spiced to not be overbearing for the little ones either. Shame. The new pies are now available in Higgidy retailers which include Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Ocado, Booths, Budgens, Co-Op and Asda. Go find.
To help you celebrate Pie Week this year, West Sussex based piemakers Higgidy are giving away some exciting prizes to help you make delicious pies in your very own kitchen. All you need to do is enter below via the Rafflecopter widget for a chance to win a copy of The Higgidy Cookbook, featuring 100 recipes for pies and more, and a Higgidy apron. What better excuse is there to cook up a storm in the kitchen and impress your friends and family with your pie baking skills? And, in case you don’t feel like cooking, they’ve also popped in £15 of Higgidy vouchers, so you can pick up some of their delicious pies from the supermarket to enjoy at home.
Higgidy believe there is nothing better than homemade, which is why they bake their pies in small batches, fill them with ingredients just like you would use in your kitchen at home and finish every one by hand.
A few T&Cs
By taking part in this competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions:
- This prize draw is only open to residents of the UK.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Each winner will receive a pack containing a copy of The Higgidy Cookbook, an apron and four Higgidy pie vouchers. Higgidy accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Higgidy retains the right to substitute the prize, or any of its contents, with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winners names may be promoted on Higgidy’s website or social media websites.
- No purchase necessary.
- Higgidy accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting the prize. Higgidy further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the prize draw.