Yogurt Pot Cakes
Prep Time:20 mins, Cook Time: 20 mins, Total Time: 40 mins
March 30, 2015
Please be warned that Yogurt Pot Cakes are not exactly GBBO material but they are a great fun bake for little children. And a perfect introduction to baking, a rare recipe that can truly be made proudly and entirely on their little selves. With very little additional sugar being naturally sweetened by banana and sultanas and using part wholemeal flour and oats too they’re a pretty healthy bake too. Perfect to pop in a lunchbox or take on a picnic.
Wholemeal Flour, Bananas, Yogurt, Sultanas, Oats
Learning to Bake, Small Children, Toddlers, Healthier Baking, Breakfast, Treats, After-School Snacks, Picnics, Packed Lunches
Makes 12 – 14 small cakes
A 100g yogurt pot, 1 fairy cake tin lined with cake cases
Yogurt Pot Cakes
Ingredients Prep Time:20 mins, Cook Time: 20 mins, Total Time: 40 mins
1 small pot of plain or fruit yogurt (about 100g, but a little less or more is fine!)
2 medium eggs, free range
soft brown sugar
wholemeal self raising flour
plain self raising flour
2 overripe bananas
1) Preheat your oven to 180ºc / 160ºc fan / gas mark 4.
2) Line a fairy cake tin with cake cases.
3) Tip and scrape out the yogurt from your yogurt pot into a large mixing bowl. Wash and dry the pot.
4) Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl and lightly whisk into the yogurt with a fork or whisk.
5) Now use the yogurt pot to measure out the following, and dollop into the mixing bowl with the yogurt:
1 pot soft brown sugar
1 pot wholemeal self raising flour
2 pots plain self raising flour
1 pot sultanas
1/2 pot oats
1 pot sunflower oil
6) Mix all the ingredients together.
7) Peel and mash the bananas with a fork onto a plate. Scrape into the cake mix and give everything a good stir around.
8) Using a a dessertspoon, spoon the mixture into the cake cases.
9) Getting a grown up to help place the tin in the hot oven and bake the cakes for 20 minutes until well risen and golden brown on the tops.