NewsBack to News
Launching October’s Family Foodies!1 October, 2013
A brand new Family Foodies challenge is born today! Having been blogging for a couple of years (previously to Eat Your Veg at www.chezfoti.com), it’s always struck me there aren’t any monthly challenges in the blogosphere specific to family food. Though most bloggers do actually cook family friendly fare, and have children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews or friend’s kids to eat their wares. So with this in mind I’ve been plotting for quite some time to set up my own event but wanted to wait until Eat Your Veg was up and running. And I’m totally honoured to be co-hosting the challenge with non other than the fabulous and lovely family-food guru Vanesther of Bangers & Mash!. Yippee.
Each month we’ll be taking it in turns to pick a theme and challenging you to inspire us with your ideas and recipes. As anyone who regularly cooks for kids and families well knows, meals and menus can sometimes get a little repetitive and mundane so it’s wonderful to be able to club together and share our favourites, inspirations and ideas. At the end of each month a guest judge will pick a winner and some month’s they’ll even be prizes, yeah!. Winner’s get a place on our special Family Foodies’ Winner’s Hall of Fame and can place an annotated Winner Badge on their blog if they wish.
Please don’t feel excluded from entering if you don’t have kids of your own, this is open to absolutely anyone who cooks or blogs food that children (of any age) or a family might enjoy. So please do join in, the more the merrier and it’s a fab way to share ideas and meet fellow family foodies!.
So without further ado, I shall announce this month’s theme of Week-End Slowies. Absolutely anything that you might make or bake for kids or a family over a weekend or when you have a little more time on your hands than the normal mid-week rush. Be it a leisurely special breakfast or brunch, a saturday lunch soup, a spot of cake or bread baking, a sunday lunch roast or a stew, casserole, pie or hot pot!. And to launch our first ever event we’re giving away a hardback copy of The Leon Cookbook: Leon Family & Friends, which seems fitting to the ethos of our challenge.
So looking forward to seeing all your entries! Go Cook!
Here’s a few guidelines for the Challenge:
● You may submit any recipe that fits the current theme, past or current, and feel free to enter as many times as you wish! You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own please give the appropriate credit.
● Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of each month’s challenge, including your email address and the title of the recipe.
● You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere of the World, any prizes will be happily posted out.
● At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe and any prizes sent out. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
● All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board
Grab the Family Foodies badge code here: